6.18.2013

Weekend Recap

I had a great weekend! The fiance and I went to see a matinee showing of Man of Steel. It was awesome. I am always game for a good superhero movie. 


After the movie, we had a nice late lunch at Olive Garden and then hit up the Semi-Annual Sale at the mall. Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret were crazy busy, but I found some good deals in both. Spent about $40 in VS on some necessities, and in B&BW about $60 on hand soap ($3 apiece) and wallflowers ($6 2-packs). So, I'm all "stocked up" as they say!

I guess seeing Man of Steel got us in the mood for more action flicks, because we watched Contagion Saturday night, then the 2006 Superman Returns Sunday afternoon.

With all this movie watching, I have to tell you about this new popcorn I'm obsessed with. It's called Angie's Popcorn BOOMCHICKAPOP Sea Salt Popcorn. Don't you love that name?! I was searching for a light snack to replace my previous obsession with the White Cheddar Cheese Smartfood Popcorn (which is really not that "smart" or good for you) and this bag caught my eye. I found it in the natural/organic section of Kroger. The ingredients are so simple: Popcorn, Sunflower Oil, Sea Salt. I've been trying to follow Lisa over at 100 Days of Real Food's rule for not eating anything out of a "box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label" and this fit the bill. Love it when I find a new favorite snack.

Click here for nutrition info.

Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment